DDR Tools Solutions - Pick the right one for the job!
2020-06-22 | 3 min read
When you build a home, you use multiple different types of tools. Some tools are used for roughing, while other tools are used for precision work, such as installing molding. Even more precise tools are required for finer cabinetry work. Depending on the tools and skillset you have, you may decide to upgrade your workshop or subcontract the finer work.
Similarly, designing for today’s high-performance DDR5 requires measurement tools that can address smaller eye size and faster rise and fall times. Selecting the proper tool allows you to more accurately design, test, and validate your build. DDR5 design margin requirements are becoming increasingly tight, requiring new measurement test methods. It would help to have tools with higher vertical accuracy and timing performance.
Bit error rate testers (BERTs), oscilloscopes, probes, and associated compliance software alleviate some of the challenges when working on the physical layer. For a more in-depth analysis of the OSI layers, logic analyzers can help you test and debug your designs for functional and protocol compliance.
- ADS Memory Designer
- Receiver testing – BERT and application software are ideal tools for conformance and characterization
- Transmitter testing – Oscilloscope and application software are tools for compliance testing
- Probing technology - 25 GHz RC probing solution
- Logic analyzers are for protocol compliance
Keysight offers a the complete suite of tools to test, validate, characterize, and optimize your DDR5 / LPDDR5 implementation.
The Keysight M8020A J-BERT, UXR-Series oscilloscopes, and U4164A logic analyzer offer a best-in-class solution for DDR5 designs. From physical-layer testing, characterization, and device compliance to software trace, functional, and protocol compliance, Keysight has you covered.
Here are the recommended lab tools for DDR5 / LPDDR5 design:
- Keysight UXR-Series oscilloscopes
- D9050DDRC DDR5 Tx compliance test software
- Keysight MX0023A InfiniiMax 25 GHz RC probe amp
- MX0106A (23 GHz) InfiniiMax differential solder-in head
- MX0105A (20 GHz) InfiniiMax differential SMA probe head
- Keysight U4164A logic analyzer system
- U4164A-02G speed upgrade
- B4661A logic analyzer software
- DDR5 analysis and compliance software B4661A-5FP/5TP/5NP
- LPDDR5 analysis and compliance software B4661A-6FP/6TP/6NP
- Keysight M8020A J-BERT
- M80885RCA DDR5 receiver conformance and characterization test application
Learn more about DDR Technology Testing Solutions and DDR Memory: Test Challenges from DDR3 to DDR4 and DDR5.
Contact one of our experts to help you configure your DDR solution: http://www.keysight.com/find/contactus.