MWC 2019 - 5G Innovation across the Mobile Ecosystem
2019-02-15 | 6 min read
Mobile World Congress (MWC) is around the corner (Feb 25-28, 2019). Once again, more than 100,000 people from across the communications ecosystem will walk the halls of the Fira Gran Via convention center located in the heart of Barcelona.
Under the overarching umbrella of Intelligent Connectivity, 8 core themes will be the focus of MWC this year - Connectivity, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Industry 4.0, Immersive Content, Disruptive Innovation, Digital Wellness, Digital Trust, and The Future. Promising massive bandwidth, superior responsiveness, and scalability to billions of devices, 5G will probably be the hottest topic of the event with vivid discussions around requirements, implementation challenges, most promising use cases, new business models, and evolving standards and regulations around frequencies and spectrum.
Hall 6 will be the place to witness 5G innovation in action – more precisely Keysight’s booth located in the center of the hall, right of the main aisle at 6G30. Keysight will showcase how this disruptive technology is advancing across the wireless ecosystem from chipset and devices to infrastructure and networks. We will demonstrate how designers and test engineers can overcome an exponential increase in technical complexity, keep pace with constantly evolving 5G NR standards, and accelerate 5G deployments.
Solutions for Chipset and Device Manufacturers
Design engineers struggle with the evolution of 5G NR standards, millimeter-wave (mmWave) device validation, and 5G array validation. Using Keysight’s 5G solutions you can:
- Conduct research and development (R&D), design verification, conformance testing, and operator acceptance testing and understand real-world device performance using the Keysight 5G Network Emulation Solutions
- Perform end-to-end radio frequency (RF), functional, and performance testing at mmwave frequencies and in a small physical footprint using a complete 5G OTA Test System
- Validate real-world performance end-to-end for the latest 4G and 5G NR base stations or devices in your laboratory with the 5G Channel Emulation Solution
- Effectively address the convergence of 5G and automotive with Keysight’s C-V2X solution
Solutions for Network Equipment Manufacturers (NEM)
Test time reduction and time-to-market acceleration are the top priorities for NEMs with 5G. However, evolving with the 5G NR standards across R&D, design validation and conformance, and rapidly scaling to volume manufacturing is no easy task. NEMs’ engineers are also challenged with field surveying the mmWave air interface, multi-vendor interoperability testing to advance 5G O-RAN, and the complexity of 5G mmWave multiple input multiple output (MIMO) testing. With Keysight solutions, you can:
- Validate 5G base station antennas and components from sub-6 GHz to mmWave frequency bands with the 5G Signal Generation and Analysis Testbed
- Perform device, component, or base station RF characterization from sub-6GHz to mmWave frequencies with Keysight’s 5G Manufacturing Test Solutions
- Measure and analyze the 5G air interface in the field with the 5G RAN Field Measurements Solution
- Envision how to perform protocol emulation and cross-domain visibility for next-generation radio units (RU) and central units (CU) with the 5G O-RAN Fronthaul Solution
Solutions for Service Providers
For service providers in the 5G ecosystem, engineers struggle with load testing the RAN at scale and measuring 5G quality of service (QoS) and quality of experience (QoE). If you face these challenges, Keysight solutions enable you to:
- Generate massive user equipment (UE) traffic to validate 5G non-standalone mode (NSA) RAN and truly measure QoE in 5G networks using real-time methods with the UE Emulation gNB Validation Solution
- Drive test and benchmark 5G networks using Nemo Intelligent Device Interface Module (DIM) and Nemo Outdoor
Partner with the Recognized Leader in 5G
Being first and best at 5G is critical for all participants in the mobile ecosystem-chipset and device manufacturers, NEMs, and service providers. However, the need for mission-critical reliability and performance with 5G has reached unprecedented heights. As the recognized leader in 5G from layer 1 to 7, Keysight helps you accelerate your workflow across the entire product and network lifecycle. Maximize your time-to-market advantage and secure your company’s success in 5G by capitalizing on the unique capabilities of Keysight’s 5G solutions.Learn more about Keysight’s demonstrations at MWC19 here.